Saturday, June 18, 2016

Zentangle 101 Class at the Surfside Library

I had the opportunity this week to teach a Zentangle 101 class at our local library here in Myrtle Beach.  The room the class was held in was an absolute dream!  A large, very quiet room with air conditioning and lovely tables allowing plenty of elbow room for each student.  The library even provided snacks!  Amazing.  I had a good amount of eager students, not all are shown in the photo here.


After we did the first Zentangle tile everyone added their tile to the grouping on the table.  This shows how we can all follow the same directions, using the same supplies and yet each tile shows the individuality of the artist.  Not one person here had ever practiced Zentangle and only a few had even heard of it before. Their first piece was completed a little over an hour after the class began.



I am always excited to introduce this art form to people.  It shows everyone that there is an artist within them waiting to be released!  Each one is different and totally unique.

I want to thank the Surfside Library for inviting me to teach this class, it was an honor.  Hopefully I will get to do it again sometime soon.  If you've never heard of Zentangle before you might want to Google it and take a look at this relaxing, contemplative art form created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, that employs structured patterns as a means of creating interesting, beautiful abstract pieces of art.

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits.  Please leave a comment if you have time, I'd love to hear what you think of the Zentangles.  Hugs ~ Renee

2 comments:

  1. Will you be teaching a class on this in the future? I was informed of this by one of your participants and am interested in finding a class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I hope to teach another class there but I need to be invited by the Library. If you want this type of class just contact them and let them know you're interested. We had so much fun that day! I hope to meet you at a future class!

      Delete