Monday, June 13, 2016

Art Heals, a letter to the editor of the Stampers' Sampler





I was so surprised to find the July issue of the Stampers' Sampler in my mailbox today!  Since my last name starts with a "Z" I'm usually the last on the list to receive an artist comp issue if I have work published in the magazine.  I had two cards published which thrilled me, each featuring one of my favorite stamp lines, Dyan Reaveley's and Stampotique.


The letters to the Editor are in the front of the magazine along with Mail Art so of course that's my first stop.  Much to my surprise I read this extremely touching letter from my art sister Clintine Steele.


I still have tears in my eyes from reading her letter.  I told Clintine when we met online last year on FB that I had been looking for her for YEARS!  She had some cards published a few years back that were absolutely stunning so I searched for her blog, website, etc., I just wanted to see more of her creations.  I could not find her anywhere and then finally we found each other on FB.

Reading this letter made me feel humbled and happy to think that my words affected someone in a positive way.  I'm excited that Clintine is submitting her lovely cards again, they are so worthy of publication and a real joy to look at!  This will probably be one of my favorite issues of TSS.

Thanks for allowing me to share my news with you all.  Check out this issue when it hits the stores, there are lots of wonderful images to drool over. ~ Hugs ~ Renee

2 comments:

  1. So enjoyed your class at the Surfside Library yesterday. Thank you so much and hope you have another one soon. Love your site too. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete