Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Got your coloring book? Now what......

Once you purchase a coloring book you may wonder....now what do I do with it?  Why, color in the pages, of course!  What can you color it with?  Anything you've got on hand.  I started coloring in some of the pages in my copy of The Coloring Studio, it took longer than I expected.  Each page is unique in its representation of the artist who created it.  It is more like a workbook to me since there are so many instructions and hints throughout the entire book.  I started with one of my favorites, Mou Saha, on page 100.  I used Pan Pastels, Memento Markers, gesso, stencils, Micron pens and an irRESISTible Pico Embellisher.  It was a meditative, fun, relaxing experience.  You are not facing a blank page and have the liberty to do whatever floats your boat.  This is what my first page looks like now.


Next I thought it only fair that I color my own design on page 60.  The beauty of the book is that you can add even more doodling to the pages or add stamps, etc. to the pages.  Remember the quote that says "art is never finished, just abandoned".  Play with the pages until you feel like abandoning them.  Here's my page.



I couldn't seem to stop adding tangles, color, stamps, etc. to the page.  Finally abandoned.


Whatever coloring book you choose I hope you're having some relaxing moments with it!  Later down the road I'm sure I'll be tearing out pages and doing other projects with them but for now I'll leave them in the book.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're having a good one.  Hugs ~ Renee

7 comments:

  1. I have the coloring book. Your page and everyone else's for that matter are so unique. I ordered mine the day Stampington advised. Love it, love it, love it. Might have to use your color combos for the two you are showcasing today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I'd love to see what you do with your pages.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to getting mine Renee! :) Love your coloring here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these! LOVE yours! LOVE the quirky artsy look too. So FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, fabulous, Renee! I can't wait to get this publication~ Congrats, on being published and sharing your vision with us~ LOVEly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pages Renee'!
    Sending you and your family warm holiday wishes and peace and good health for 2016!
    So happy to call you my friend!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get mine for Christmas, so will pick one up for my self for my January b'day! Looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete