Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How to make a quick card with stencils

Sometimes you just need a simple, organic, very quickly made card.  That was the inspiration behind this stenciled card today.


You could use any stencils you have on hand and make the cards any color you choose.  I happen to love this stencil from Artistcellar called Bodacious Pods.  It is one of Chris Cozen's Playful Pods Series stencils.  I just pulled a blank, white card from my stash and taped the stencil over the front of the card, lightly tracing the stencil with a permanent black pen.



It isn't necessary to trace all of the stencil images onto the card, just as many as you would like.  Next I placed the stencil again on top of the card, taped it down to my craft sheet, but this time it was a little off from the original pen work.  Then I scribbled some purple Gelatos on my craft sheet, sprayed the Gelatos with water to activate it and sponged the light purple color on to the first pattern of pods.



I like the water color effect made by the Gelatos when used this way.  When this had dried it was time to stencil a sentiment onto the card.


I chose to use Tamara Laporte's stencil in the Articellar collection called "Tam's Inspiration".  I sponged StazOn Jet Black ink through the stencil.  When the card was dry I added some touches of gold and some doodles to finish it.


As I mentioned before you could use any stencils or colors that you prefer.  Try pulling your stencils out and making a quick card the next time you need one and don't have much time to make it.

Thanks for stopping by today, I always appreciate your visits and support.  Take care ~ Hugs,  Renee xx

7 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right, Renee, sometimes you need a card and you need it NOW! I am going to take a new look at my stencil stash and, quite possibly, some red and green paints and see what inspiration ensues! Great stencil you have used here, easily adaptable to almost any occasion! Thanks for the cue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB!!! Love the quickie and the stenciling! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soo clever, I love this idea, thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another imaginative use of stencils and I love the colours and designs of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee
    Sorry I have been so quiet and haven't stopped by for what seems an absolute age.
    I love that effect you achieved, slightly diffused and dreamy. You always get so much out of your stencils, really making them work for you like no other.
    Renee, I wanted to wish you and yours warmest wishes for the season. May it be a happy one for you.
    Seasons Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous technique! I'll CASE your card and of course I will link to your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete