Friday, September 12, 2014

Craft Stamper Challenge::Tissue Paper Stamping halfway point

We're at the half way point of the CS Challenge of stamping on tissue paper.  I thought I would do some work in my art journal using the stamped tissue paper.  For the challenge I did a two page spread in my art journal with a tissue paper skirt on one of my ladies.






I began by applying a thin layer of gesso through a stencil and allowing it to dry.  When it was completely dry I painted some DWM acrylic paint in Turquoise and Lime onto the pages.  I wiped off some of the paint with a baby wipe exposing the white gesso in spots.


Next I tore off a piece of tissue paper from an old sewing pattern, this would be the skirt for one of my girls.
I stamped on the paper with Jet Black StazOn ink and then folded the paper into pleats.


Using Creative Gel Medium I shaped the folded paper and attached it to the page.  I added some map wings to the area surrounding her stamped torso.


I added more color with DWM Ruby and white paint applied through a Julie Fei-Fan Balzer called Blazonry.  First red and then white were applied.

I outlined the stenciled painted areas when dry with a Fude Ball permanent marker very loosely.  I started stamping phrases from the new Dina Wakley stamp collection.  The heads are from Dyan Reaveley, stamped on tags and then colored with markers and trimmed out.


I wanted to pull both pages together so I painted black chalkboard paint across the middle of both pages.  When this is dry it is easy to write on with a white Gelly Roll pen.  I wrote the lyrics of the song "Do You Believe in Magic".  The Bahama Blue drippings are from Imagine Crafts "irRESISTible" texture spray, applied with a paint brush and allowed to run down the page.

I am not good at drawing arms and hands so my lady on the right received two sets of die cut map paper wings instead of arms.  Her dress was a left over piece of stenciled paper retrieved from my recycle box.



You have plenty of time to create a stamped tissue paper project and join in the fun at the Take It Make It Challenge.  There are plenty of inspirational samples on the site, go take a look when you have time!  Thanks for stopping by today, I do appreciate your visit.  Hugs ~ Renee xx





8 comments:

  1. Love this .... great colours and so much detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Renee - this must have taken forever! There's so much detail in it. Love your handwriting (love the whole thing!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the journal queen Reneee, love it especially the tissue skirt!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, this is crazy amazing!! I adore her skirt- do you sew too? What a great spread- love how you used the black to tie the pages together, with your journaling! so very cool!
    What is this Fude ball like? Does it work well over paints? I can't seem to find a good marker/pen for this-
    your pages are outstanding! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journal spread, Renee! And, what a great way to show off the tissue paper technique by using it so blatantly! You took it one step further and created the tissue paper ruffle, too! Quite the fashion statement, my friend! Great inspiration from you DT mates this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such fun in a very Diva way LOL.
    Fabulous use of the tissue paper and as a page it is brimming with boldness.
    Your art makes me feel more courageous as I try colours which are new for me.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    I notice we have the same new stamp set in our stash - Dina Wakley's handwritten words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great textures and layers - tissue skirt is fab - hours of work great pages xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee you are the Queen Diva! Great job. I LOVE that Stampington is using your face on their advertising.
    So awesome! Love,
    -s

    ReplyDelete