Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Calling all Zentangle artists and those who just like to doodle

North Light publishing company has a call out right now for those who like to make meditative Zentangle tiles or just 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" doodled tiles, if you don't call it Zentangle.  If you think you might like to give it a try here is the link:  http://www.createmixedmedia.com/editors-picks/zen-doodle-oodles-of-doodles-featuring-your-art?et_mid=661643&rid=236594181

There is plenty of time left to get your submissions together, the deadline is March 14, 2014.  You don't have to mail them in it is all done online.  The prize?  If selected your entry will be published in the new book called Zen Doodle: Oodles of Doodles plus you receive a free copy of the book!  Not to mention bragging rights.  Here are a few of the tiles that I entered.

The House Fly
Picasso's Cat
Mini Mandala

Medusa
So in the event that you feel inspired....go for it!  I hope you're having a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by, talk to you soon. ~ Renee


7 comments:

  1. Renee I love your Zen Doodles! Especially the mandela and the woman! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so beautiful! I wish I was brave enough to share mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't zentangle, but I've enjoyed seeing a lot of it. However, nobody I've seen zentangles as beautifully as you do. No kidding! And I love how creative you get with it, especially blending it into hair and faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! You are TRULY so good at this! Artistic goodness abounds here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the term "Zen Doodles" as is much less threatening that the "other" term! ;-) I must admit that I have not tried it because it seems much too tedious for me. That said,I also have to admit that I really like what you have done here. There is actually some white space (my breathing room). I also love the patterns that you have created. Best of luck to you, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried yet this technique of doodling, but your zentangles are truly amazing Renee!!!! WOW!!! I promise you to try one day... but it's too early for me, I miss too much time so far to try all. Just enough time to appreciate much yours! :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! So glad you submitted - I am sure they will love your work. That Picasso's cat makes me grin.

    ReplyDelete