Thursday, March 13, 2014

Butterfly Girl ~ Monoprinting an Art Journal Page


Happy Thursday.  It has been snowing lightly all day until now....the sun just came out!  I'm still playing around with the acrylic block printing idea.  I have another tutorial on this to show tomorrow but for today I thought I'd share a journaling page that I did using the same technique.  I did this on watercolor paper and cut off the edge to make the butterflies with Tim Holtz's Butterfly Frenzy Sizzlit die.  Then I covered the butterflies with Distress Stickles to make them sparkle.


The main quote is a poem by M.F. Moonzajer taken from his book A Moment with God.  It says "Butterflies better understand than you, the meaning of love and sacrifices one must make for their beloved."







I hope you're having a wonderful day.  If you have a chance stop by tomorrow and check out my mono printed steam punk style tag.  Take care, talk to you soon ~ Renee

8 comments:

  1. I have never been a huge fan of Stickles, Renee, but, I will admit that they work beautifully here. Lots of interest in that background. You have a winner here! Snow, snow, go away! One day we here will wake up and it will be Summer! Spring is elusive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool technique. I need to bookmark your posts so that I don't forget to try this. Love your new journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so artsy! I love all the colors and then the tiny butterfly that provides huge interest! So very COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooow... Fabulous Renee!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :-) Hugs, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swirling goodness! I adore butterflies-there is magic in your creation-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors! love this piece!

    ReplyDelete