Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Just Steampunk Magazine Vol. 4 is here!

I received my complimentary issue of "Just Steampunk" magazine vol. 4 today and I am thrilled to be published in it for the first time!  WooHoo!!  In case you aren't acquainted with the magazine it is full of Steampunk projects from clothing to home decor.  They usually have it at Barnes & Noble bookstores or it is available online from Scott Publications.


Here are a few of the items that I sent them photos of for publication.  I sent in the first batch of photos then the editor sent an email asking if I had more...... I went a little nuts sending them photos of objects I had made.  My daughter compared it to a dump truck dinging as it backs up.  She said when it comes to me and my projects you should never ask for more unless you mean it.  I always have more.  :-)



The beauty of this publication is that you don't have to physically mail in the items, just photographs.  If you love Steampunk this is a great magazine to take a look at!  Better yet, if you love Steampunk and want to try and get published, answer the challenge for Vol. 5!   You can get a copy of the editorial calendar by emailing kherrold@scottpublications.com. Thanks for stopping by, take care~ Renee

8 comments:

  1. Exciting! Congrats! That definitely is a fun publication to look through and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces - how cool to see so much of your work in print... congratulations!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this steampunk journal, Renee, and am so happy to see your work published there! Congratulations! Well deserved! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news, A Big Congrats Renee!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's great Renee, congrats to you!!! And you show such a wonderful collection of your art works, that's really good they are printed all together, very beautiful! Hugs Coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you say you are a fan of MY work, what a compliment that is. WOW your tags are to die for. I love tags and the depth of colour you have here and the layers are gorgeous. Well done for getting published too. That red/yellow tag top right is that done on a Gelli Plate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! And congrats... can't wait to see a copy of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Renee! You rocked this issue-I love your steampunk art-you always make innovative pieces~

    ReplyDelete