Thursday, October 17, 2013

Somerset Studio Magazine Nov/Dec Issue




I am so excited to share that my very first article is in the upcoming Nov/Dec issue of Somerset Studio magazine.  WooHoo!  In this article I shared my ONE WORD for 2013 that I tried to incorporate in my everyday life rather than making a slew of New Year's resolutions that even I know I will not keep.

This is a photo of the project I created to showcase my word, BALANCE.  It hangs on my studio door so it is the last thing I see at night and the first thing to greet me in the morning.




I emailed a big thank you to Rick St. Dennis (http://www.zibbet.com/Rick1949) this morning since his "Euro Clown" clip art is what really makes the piece stand out.  I adore his work and love the instant gratification of clip art emailed to me within minutes.

I hope you get the chance to take a peek at the magazine when it arrives at Barnes & Noble or your local scrap booking store.  Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate the visit.  Take care ~ Renee

12 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED for you - it looks amazing.
    I eagerly await the copy arriving through my letterbox (I am unable to source them in my hometown so believe it or not I have to receive any issues from a store in England).
    You deserve this!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great as always, Renee! Refreshing color scheme, too. Can't wait to have the copy in my hands!

    Laurel Lee Pollard
    New England Paper Crafts
    http://www.NewEnglandPaperCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Renee! This piece is great. Those are such cute characters, I always admire them. I've bought a couple but haven't done anything with them. Love the colors you've used. Very uplifting. Balance is a great word choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Renee! I always love your work and look forward to receiving my copy in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuning creation you made with Rick's fantastic clowns, great colors too!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I receive Rick's newsletters and that it led me to your blog. I love your work Renee and this particular image of RSD's has always been a favorite for me. Both of you are quite talented!!!

    Congrats on the publication and I look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh wow, congratulations Renee !!! And how fabulous looks your funny and colourful project !!! love, love, love it ! I would love buying this issue with your project inside... but it's an american magazine, and from France it's very difficult for me to find and buy it without very expensive taxes ! :( Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Renee! Woo hoo~
    I can't wait to see it~ Balance is a wonderful word! Cheers to you~ I love how vibrant your art is~

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow congratulations and your projects looks great!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting too that your pages are highlighted in the Stampington Post Script magazine previews!
    http://stampington.com/Somerset-Studio-Nov-Dec-2013

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got to read my copy which sent me over here this morning... you GO, girl! What a wonderful article with absolutely gorgeous photographs. Love your sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Renee! I am sure this article will be the first of many!

    ReplyDelete