Wednesday, September 4, 2013

100 Faces in 100 Days

Just to let you know I have been sticking with my commitment but didn't want to bore everyone with my attempt at drawing/sketching a face every day.  My promise to myself, to do a face every day for 100 days, is fulfilled at the end of this week.  I have managed to draw a face every day, some days more than one.  I must admit it does help to perform an exercise like this each day.  Not only do you create art every day but the faces get easier and better with practice.  Not to mention the fact that I've really enjoyed it.

Any way, I received some new stencils in the mail this week from The Crafters Workshop and of course I had to dive right into them.  Guess what?!  I received the new Julie Fei-Fan Balzer face stencils.  WooHoo!  I used the 3/4 face (12" by 12" stencil) and this is the end result.


The background colors came from blotting off IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko VersaColor inks that I used on another project.  I create a master board just by blotting off the stencils onto watercolor paper as I work on other projects.  That way nothing goes to waste and I get some really pretty background papers.  I just placed the large stencil on top of the watercolor paper and used a Copic pen to trace through the stencil.  The rest of the color on her face in Faber Castell Gelatos and Smooch pearlized accent ink.  Very cool stuff!  I saw it demoed at CHA and then saw it on sale on Blitsy.  It allows you to concentrate intense color into tiny areas.  Makes her eyes sparkle.  I decided to name her "101 Wishes" instead of "Number 96".

Have a great week, thanks for stopping by.  I always appreciate the visit, take care. ~ Renee

7 comments:

  1. Wow Renee! This is so cool~ So much depth-I love the colors and the writing in her hair-that is like my hair-lol.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I've loved all your faces, but I know this one is my favorite! It's her hair...jounaling and tangling = GORGEOUS!!! I love the color and splotches too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hon, that hair is just incredible! Saw it on FB and had to pop over... love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous face Renee, and WOW for the hair too !! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee congratulations on 100 faces! It's always such an accomplishment when you finish something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect stencil to use to cap off your 100 day project. Both are mighty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 'blotted' background is amazing. Talk about trash to treasure! haha It really gives a modern life to this portrait piece. With the production of face stencils, I can almost even see ME making some decent faces. hahaha

    ReplyDelete