Saturday, August 3, 2013

Vertigo Film::A new product released at CHA Las Vegas!

My project today is using a new product called IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®Vertigo Film™.  This product was recently introduced at CHA in Las Vegas.   If you hold this up to the light and twist and turn it you can appreciate how cool it is.   A Vertigo Film sheet is like plastic, it can be embossed with embossing folders and you can stamp it, color it with ink or paint.   It can be cut with scissors but do take care if you try to heat set it, it will melt if you use too high of a heat.  This new product comes in 6 different patterns and will be available in packs of four 6”x6” sheets of the same pattern and individual 12”x12” sheets.


I started this challenge by cutting my piece to 4” by 6” and painting the back of it using Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™Mixed Media Pigment Ink full size inkpad in Teal Zeal.  After coating the backside of the Vertigo Film with the Teal color I sprayed it with IMAGINE Crafts® Sheer Shimmer  Spritz™ Craft Spray in Gold.  I allowed the colors to run together and set it aside to dry.  When the Vertigo Film sheet was dry I ran it through my machine in an embossing folder by Cuttlebug.   Now I have color and texture.
With the color on the backside and the raised embossing on the front I rubbed several colors of Faber Castell Gelatos over the raised numbers.  I softened the gelato colors by rubbing them with a paper towel.  At this point I placed a honey comb stencil onto the front of the panel and applied some gesso right down the middle of the panel.  While this was drying I stamped three bee images by Stampotique on a piece of scrap paper with IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™Mixed Media Pigment Ink full size inkpad in Elderberry.  The images were colored in using an IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Dual Marker in Dandelion yellow.  A quick spritz of IMAGINE Crafts® Sheer Shimmer Spritz™Craft Spray in Silver gave the wings an ethereal look.  I cut out the bees and set them aside.  Using IMAGINE Crafts®Creative Medium Clear  I attached a piece of floral ribbon from my stash.  I sprayed some additional Sheer Shimmer Spritz Craft Spray in silver on my mat and turned the floral ribbon upside down into the Shimmer Spritz and allowed it to just color the edges of the flowers lightly.  When this was dry I attached it across the middle of the panel with IMAGINE Crafts®Creative Medium™Clear.  Now I could attach the bees with the same Creative Medium.  I folded a piece of white cardstock in half to make a card that measures 5” by 7” and distressed the edges with the Memento Luxe ink in Elderberry.  To affix the Vertigo Film panel I used a strong adhesive and now I have a unique all occasions card with an incredible amount of texture.


I hope you will try this new product, it is so much fun to play with.  I'll be sharing other projects I've made with it later this month!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Renee! That sounds like a great new product for card makers. I'm interested see what else you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Vertigo texture makes unique effect which makes your project stand out wonderfully. Great project Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, that is beyond awesome! Love that Vertigo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEutiful! I love it Renee-how fab to be able to see all the new n' cool techniques~ I am excited about this new medium! I love your card~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this before! I want to touch it! I am so intrigued! Your background is so awesome looking! Love the bees too! Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete