Monday, April 22, 2013

Ten Minute Cards with a "Spring" theme

All of us are so pressed for time it seems.  I like to try to create some kind of art everyday and the ten minute card seems to be my answer to that challenge.  John at Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts sent me a box of Tsukineko's Versa Magic chalk inks and all kinds of wonderful sprays to use on my AIRs (Artists in Residence) projects for the month of April.  These chalk inks have a lovely, soft matte look when they dry.  You can heat emboss them with a clear powder if you want a shiny look to them.  I chose to keep the matte look except for one flower on each card.  The phrases at the top are inked with black StazOn ink and heat embossed with the clear powder. 
You could do several cards at one time, one right after the other, just keep inking up your stamp after each stamping.
First I stamped the Penny Black stamp with VersaMagic Aloe Vera green ink, using just the stems of the flowers and masking off the rest.  After heat drying the green ink I stamped the flower portion of the stamp.  I used Spring Pansy ink for this one.




I added a self adhesive dragonfly from K & Co for a little added interest and sponged the bottom portion of the card with some additional Aloe Vera ink.  Next I used Versa Magic chalk ink in the Aquatic Splash, which is a beautiful shade of blue.



On this one I stamped the phrase "Just a Note" and decided I liked it so much I would do one more with this phrase.  Here it is stamped  in Pink Petunia.



I did one more in a delicious Mango Madness color, which is either a bright yellow or a light orange color.  Very rich.



It is always great to have some all occasion type cards on hand and these really fit the bill.  They would also make a lovely hostess gift, packaged together and tied up with a nice piece of ribbon.

Products Used
Cream Colored Card stock/Blank Cards
Tsukineko Versa Magic Chalk Inks in Aquatic Splash, Pink Petunia, Mango Madness  & Spring Pansy colors
StazOn Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Self Adhesive Dragonfly by K & Co

Tools
Heat Gun
Stamps by Penny Black, Hampton Art & Rubber Stampede

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog, I really appreciate it!  If you have time please leave a comment.  Take care and have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Great cards, Renee. It's amazing how the different colors affect the outcome so deeply. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee these cards are beautiful. May I ask a question. What advice would you give to a beginner and also is their a cost efficient way that is helpful..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards and your flowers, they are really beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete