Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SDC93::Stencils with Stampotique Images

This week at Stampotique Jane has challenged us to use Stencils in our projects.  I made a Master board on a sheet of watercolor paper using Imagine Crafts "Fireworks!" spray inks and stencils.  The stencils incorporated here are from Dyan Reaveley, Julie Fei Fan Balzer and Office Max.  It is just layer after layer of colors with different stencils.  After each layer of color I made sure the paper was thoroughly dry before spraying another layer of color.  The key with a Master board is to save it by making a photocopy of it, then you could cut up either the original or the copy and start working with it.  Here is my card with a couple of Stampotique images and some leaves by Dyan Reaveley.

After I finished the card I decided to do a chevron stencil with ImaineCraft's "Vintage" color just to give it a little more texture.  All of the background color ended up being done with layers and layers of stencils sticking to the pastel colored Fireworks! called Angel Pink, Lulu Lavender and Summer Sky.  The beauty of a Master board is all parts of it are different colors with different stencils showing through.  This way you can cut a piece off on any portion of the board and get whatever effect or color that you desire.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  The sun is shining here and most of the snow has melted.  The daffodils are inching their way up and out.  We should have some vibrant color here soon!  Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog today.  I always appreciate any comments you have time to leave.  Talk to you soon!

I'm also entering this on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge::Quotes (since I think this is such a great quote :-))

13 comments:

  1. beautiful creation, love the quote,haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee ! I love your master board project, really beautiful ! (love this bunny and quote stamps too!!) but I must admit that first, I didn't find out what a "master board" is in french, and secondly, I tried to see all the stencils layers, but it's really hard using only a photo Grrr!... But I guess you made a wonderful work if we can take a close look... Have a great Easter with sun !!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little guy is the cutest rabbit I've ever seen. Love your card from the masterboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahahaha!!!! You are going to link this to SSS&S because everyone needs a laugh! That bunny is hysterical! It's like he got caught from the boys on Duck Dynasty and this is what he has to say for himself...or is that herself??? LOL! I love the stenciling too! FUN FUN FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally adorable with this quote! love that u joined us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote and you art-so cute!
    Thank you for sharing, such dreamy colors inspire poetry ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project and quote! The background looks fabulous with all the layers. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful, love that little rabbit hanging in this beautiful environment. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe! So glad you did this! Thank you for using your words with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's wonderful just like all your work. hugsxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning... Thanks for joining us at Stampotiqe Designer's Challenge.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete