Monday, February 11, 2013

More Crayon Art

It is still so cold here!  Today we had a little more snow and some ice/rain.  Brrrrr.  It is a good day to stay inside and play with crayons again.  This time I "steampunked" it a tad.  I used a black canvas that measures 6" by 6" by 3/4" and some free clip art from an artist named "Zorana".  I used the bird's body from her site and the head is one of Dyan Reaveley's stamps.  You might want to check out her site called "Zoranaland" to see her beautiful work.  My lady bird has an eyeglass and some very red lips.  The entire project is covered with glossy matte medium to seal it at the end.
As the message says, let's all just enjoy the journey!  I hope you'll give the crayon art a try, there are several tutorials on YouTube that make it so simple.  I would recommend that you use a heat gun rather than the blow dryers that several have demonstrated.  I'll also remind you that it is an adult project, kids should only participate if you are close by.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you have time to leave a comment I'd love to read it.  Take care and stay warm!!  Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Well, this certainly brings out the kid in us. How fun. What a great canvas. Love it. So different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this crayon art!!! So FUN!!!! So vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one-lately Steampunk is my new fascination! YOU rocked this one~ I love the colors and the punked up bird ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bird never looked as cool as in your art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete