Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Marie Antoinette Theme

I belong to an on-line swap group that currently has a swap going on with a Marie Antoinette theme.  I've always loved all things "M.A." since...forever.  I'm sure if I had been a French peasant during that time period I would feel completely different about her but we all have a tendency to remember lovely historical figures differently than the reality of the time.

I started this card with this group of products:


My fabulous friend, John Peterson, at Imagine Crafts sent me a box full of products to play with last week and I couldn't wait to start playing.  The Tsukineko inks that I used were all VersaColor products.  The colors I received were 506 Rainforst, 311 Antique and the metallics, can't live without those, are 305 Luster.  I also used my Faber Castell Gelatos in blue, green, black & white along with the only PanPastels I own at this time, Phthalo Green, Yellow Ochre, and Permanent Red.  All of these products can be activated with a little water which really gives them a double use.  The Marie digital image can be found at DeviantScrap.com.

I started by applying the inks on a piece of 4" by 6" gesso coated watercolor paper and spritzed them with water and let them blend, drying them with a heat gun when I got to the point that I liked what I saw.  Then I added extra color to the panel using the gelatos and the PanPastels.  I trimmed Marie out and glued her to the panel with Matte Medium.  A few drops of Bisque colored Liquid Pearls and Voila! a card featuring our girl!
I created a different project that is very similar for the swap, I'll share that with you at a later date.  Hope you are having a beautiful day filled with sunshine!  Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.  If you have time, please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.  Tomorrow I will be posting my second "Artists in Residence" project for Imagine Crafts, it is my project of choice.  They provided the product and we were invited to do whatever type of project we wanted.  Please stop by if you're curious.  Talk to you soon! 

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, love, love it Renee!! Everything about it, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous!! Love the card! Love the blues! Love the under her skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her! She is stunning~ Wow, I need an art binge! YOU know a day with no one home and tons of mess, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Laura... love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete