Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SDC 73::Hanging Decorations

We have snow coming this way.  Wet snow.  That's the worst kind from what I hear.  I personally do not shovel snow so I really can't say.  If my husband is out of town during a snow storm my wonderful neighbor, Archie, comes over and does the driveway for me.  Out of sheer gratitude I bake him his very own Coconut Cake once a year, whether it snows or not.  Gotta cover all the bases.  His wife called me last year to say whatever I put in that cake it had turned him into a snarling beast whenever anyone got near his cake.  I guess the growling was fearsome.  All his.  Hmm, I think I'll bake 2 cakes this year for them.  If Archie isn't home my friend Ann's husband, Dave, comes over so he can play with Joe's John Deere snow machine thingy.  Dave's taste leans heavily toward cookies.  So, if he is cleaning the driveway it's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies with nuts and Craisins that will be baked when he calls to say he's on his way and sent home with him.  Joe says he wishes I could just say he's out of town.  Not gonna happen.
I have so many things to be grateful for.  A wonderful husband and great friends just to name a few.  Otherwise this old lady would probably just sit at home since I really can't see myself shoveling snow.  Really.  I would look ridiculous in my stiletto boots, etc. out there moving snow around.  It's the California girl in me I'm afraid.  I can't give up the shoes.
Stampotique is having a challenge this week called "SDC 73::Hanging Decorations".  My submission is a wall hanging on a recycled paper bag.  The clown stamp is by Paula Best, the phrase is by Hero Arts.  The monkey was a tiny treasure found at Brimfield a few years ago.  I just cut out an umbrella shape and did a Zentangle-ish handle on it.  The metal crown and star are by TH.  Rhinestones by Queen and Co.

Renee Zarate::SDC 73
A little up close photo so you can see the monkey.  He's so cute.  Everyone on the east coast, hang in there, let's hope the storm isn't as bad as they are predicting.  Hope all the rest of you have some sunshine in your world today!

7 comments:

  1. I love coconut cake too!!! I'll be sort of close to you next week if the weather holds up! I hope everyone fairs better this time. It's so hard to fathom what y'all are going through.
    Love the face...fun image, and the monkey is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love coconut...sounds dangerous ;D
    Be careful...wow, heels in the snow-that is true danger!
    I have shoveled three life times of snow. I grew up in Maine and the year we lived in Alaska 101 inches of snow. Something like that..it was crazy!
    I love your submission! So full of whimsy :D Yes, you are-my type of friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm coconut cake... Over here in the UK it's party time when it snows lol but we do get fed up of the rain. I love your hanging, and the monkey is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us again at Stampotique Designers challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable hanging! I love the colors you used!

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Stampotique Designers challenge.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB hanging. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designers challenge this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete