Friday, October 19, 2012

Mommies need play dates too!

My friend Ann works and has a four year old with a fully booked play date schedule.  When does Mom get to take some time to play?  Last night Ann and I left Lanie with Daddy and took off for our LSS, Ink About It.  It doesn't get any more fun than that!  We both love that store, they have just about everything to play with that you can imagine.  Ann really wanted Dyan Reaveley's new Journal so she can start art journaling.    They only had a few left but she was able to get one!  Back we went to my house, the one with the colorful guest bathroom (again).  Joe was napping in front of the TV and we decided that since all my spray inks were out on the counter it seemed as good a time as any for Ann to start messing up her new book.  Out came the gesso, old credit cards, ink, stencils, acrylic paints.......the usual toys.  Within no time at all Ann had the background completed on her first two pages.
We have both decided we need another DR Journal so we can create calendars for 2013.  I'll keep you posted on that idea.  Our first journal books will be dedicated to trying out new techniques and perhaps writing in them later or just keep adding to them as we learn more.  In the meantime, Hooray for Ann!  I love her first 2 page spread. 

2 comments:

  1. Awe!!! I love Ann! She's got it down! Wish I had a store close! Wish you lived close...and Ann too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work bringing Ann over to the dark side! Sounds like you two had a fabulous play date... here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete