Saturday, October 6, 2012

ATCs with Foil

What a better way to spend a Saturday night than sitting around making ATCs?  Ever since I took that class with Tim Holtz showing us how to use the Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets I can't stop "foiling" things.  I made another chunky ATC similar to the one I'm teaching the class on next Saturday at Ink About It.  Then with the leftover pieces I made some regular flat ATCs.  I dry embossed the foil with a texture fade and then peeled off the paper backing and applied it to a paper piece that measured the standard 3 1/2" by 2 1/2".  I did the same type of application for inking the metal by using alcohol inks.  Then I just glued leftovers onto the ATCs with some Red Line tape and Mat Medium.
And a little Alice in Wonderland featuring TD & TD at the bottom under some mica.

A little foil can go a long way since it can be pieced.  It is easy and fun to work with!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love these aTC's! Would have loved to be in your class too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the variety, and yet unity of the pieces. That last one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete