Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Art Journal Pages

I just purchased my Dyan Reaveley art journal recently and it has been so much fun to play in.  The paper in the journal is nice and smooth.  I can honestly say it also loves gesso, paint, ink, water.....you name it, this book can take it.  I am very new to art journaling so at this stage I am just preparing background pages and then I'll do more on them later.  Here is what I've come up with thus far:



If you haven't tried Art Journaling yet you might want to give it a go.  The new Somerset Studio magazine Art Journaling has some really great ideas.  The articles help to lower my anxiety about trying to draw or write.  Two things I'm not entirely comfortable with.  Oh well, if I don't like the looks of something I can always cover it.  I believe that is why God created gesso.  If only that worked in all aspects of life.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful for gesso! lol! But, there are no mistakes in Art! Right??? These are great! Love the circle rings...it seems i always notice them. Great DW images too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Renee, what gorgeous journal pages, I love how you've used the gesso x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! You'll be so happy you have these backgrounds to start with when an idea hits... they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete