Friday, August 3, 2012

Tim Holtz::12 tags of 2012~August

I love to try my hand at the challenge each month to CASE the tag that Tim Holtz creates.  I never feel as good about the finished product as I think I'm going to.  Kinda like a diet--you always feel successful for about the first 4 hours.  His tag this month is beautiful and very vintage.  He based it on a walk down Main Street at Disneyland.  I was raised 3 miles south of Disneyland, we moved there the year it was built.  I, too, am still very enamored with the place.  Every time I visit my mother in California we all have to go out on the front lawn to watch the fireworks at Disney.  My mother still acts like its the first time they have ever done it.  Amazing.  Even after all the years I always run out there and stay until the Grand Finale at the end.  So here's to the Magic Kingdom and lots of happy memories.
Of course I didn't have the exact products on hand that Tim used so I had to improvise.  This is my product list:
#8 manilla tag
Alterations die Ornate for the bottom edge
Alterations Tattered Pinecone for the roses and the brown twigs
Sizzix die for the green leaves
Dry embossing folder by Cuttlebug
Stamps by Recollections
Martha Stewart acrylic paint Pea Shoot
Glimmer Mist
Ranger's Black Archival Ink
Metal ephemera by Idea-ology
Ranger Distress inks:  Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo


Check out Tim's blog if you want to play along, see what you come up with!  Have a terrific weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Fab story...love pondering old memories sometimes...the happy ones! Your tag is fab...so shiny and vintage at the same time. Love your florals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Renee... those flowers are just gobsmackingly cool. What neat memories to have about the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag Renee, I love how you have shaped the bottom and those flowers are wonderful. It's so nice to have these family memories and traditions x

    ReplyDelete