Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ART JOURNAL CAFE INSPIRATION

My friend Marjie Kemper who has a blog called "She Who Stamps and Scraps" was recently inspired to do some art journal pages.  She visited the site "Art Journal Cafe" which has challenges twice a month and is really worth visiting, even if you just want to look.  The ladies there showed a type of "recipe" to help people to start art journaling.  Marjie showed her work one step at a time on her blog so that is helpful to look at if you feel like you don't know where to begin.  I love the look of her pages!  I do have a journal I've been experimenting with and I felt this recipe idea might just be what I needed to get me going.  This is what I've come up with, you might want to take a look at those other two sites for ideas.


First attempt!  Anyway, I did some packing tape transfers of my ancestors, including my grandfather as a young boy and all of his sisters.  The photo was taken about a hundred years ago and I just made photocopies of the picture and did the packing tape transfers with that.  It was fun but I can see I have a LONG ways to go with this technique!

3 comments:

  1. The colors here are fantastic!!! They are soft yet bright...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I love what you have done, so far~ I love the idea of a recipe...I will check it out~
    Thank you :D

    I love old photos~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image transfers, Renee, especially because they're your own family and not generics. The filmstrip for dates was genius! Thanks too for the shout-out. I'm so glad you are going to play along!

    ReplyDelete