Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tim Holtz Class::"Journeys of the Past" book

This is what we made in my third class with Tim.  It is a small tag book made from manila tags and TONS of embellishments.  Just as before, everything had been pre-cut.  All we had to do was pick our colors, distress stains and inks, and the types of trinkets we wanted to include.  I love the faucet handle on the front cover and I was amazed at how easy it was to install.
I tried to stick to a muted blue palette using Broken China, Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap.  We used a lot of tissue tapes to make little hinges as shown on the cut tag in the second photo.  It was a very fun class to take and produced a project that I'll be tweaking for quite a while I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Renee...
    Thanks for your support-!
    I LOVE this book... would love to see more of it.
    xx
    Cheers
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabaroonie! It looks even better with your tweaks and it looked wonderful in person.

    ReplyDelete