Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Monthly Challenge: Go Green--A Color Challenge

This month the website "Inspiration Journal" has a color challenge.  The challenge is to make a monochromatic project that is green or mostly green.  I chose to make a tag.  I used a piece of water color paper and cut it to measure 7" by 3".  I ran it through my Big Kick machine to dry emboss it with a Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fade called the Patchwork set.  Then using my Inkssentials tool I colored the tag with Ranger's Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, and Bundled Sage.  I distressed the edges with a little Rusty Hinge ink.  I used my large grunge board wings that were first painted with silver acrylic paint and then distressed with the same inks that I used on the tag.  I glued the wings on the back of the tag.  I cut the cards out of DCWV "The Timeless Type Stack" paper, I also cut some of the other embellishments out of this paper.  The three dimensional stickers at the bottom are made by K & Company.  The centerpiece of this tag is a domino that has been colored with alcohol inks, stamped with a girl's image (Stampers Anonymous) using StazOn black ink.  I used silver foil around the edge and burnished it.  A hole is drilled in the bottom of the domino in order to attach a jump ring that holds a tiny hand (Alpha Stamps).  The metal wings are Tim Holtz.  I sealed the image with Glossy Accents, let it dry and attached it to the tag with glue dots.  I attached a Swivel Clasp (Idea-ology) to the top and added a couple of ribbons.  That is about as green as I can get!

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful green creation, love the wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, love the wings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wings, cards, and background are delightful, but the metal clad charm in the middle is over the top wonderful! This is a stunner girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - I particularly like the wings :)

    ReplyDelete