Friday, March 30, 2012

Frilly & Funkie Challenge

Have you seen the new website "Frilly & Funkie"?  I love the vintage style that is promoted there.  They are even offering a discount until the end of this month on product that you purchase from their store.  You might want to check it out.  For my first entry to their weekly challenge I must admit I lean toward the Funkie style.  I made a tag, of course, since I'm participating in the Tim Holtz class this week.  I now have a lot of tags with background inks on them just waiting to be embellished.    This tag has been stamped with the Diesel Punk stamps by Artistic Outpost (another of my latest crushes).  The die used for the gears is Tim Holtz's "Steampunk", the metal gears are also Tim's.  I cut the wings off of some of Tim's butterflies and glued them to the driver's shoulders.  The red in his scarf is Copic pen R29.  The bow is made from torn gauze that has been spritzed with watered down Wild Honey re-inkers.  My best wishes to the success of the new website Frilly and Funkie!

5 comments:

  1. Love your tag, Renee! I think I may just have to get that stamp set... it sure makes me smile. Your colors are fantastic... love how they all blend, and the gears are the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining in our first Frilly & Funkie challenge... hope you'll be a regular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv this tag, great design and mix of patterns and embellies...so glad you played along with us at F&F...have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey Renee!! Rocking awesome tag girl!!! I love AO's diesel punk set, and you adding the wings is killer along with the gadget border!! All the idea-ology is eye candy! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors and your beautiful ink blending. That diesel punk set from AO is so sensational and I was thrilled to see it used here. Love the little diesel punk angel and the gears are the perfect embellishment. I have only made it through day 5 of Creative Chemistry and haven't had time to play yet. Thanks so much for your kind works about our new challenge blog. We are thrilled that you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Hope you will be a regular!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Renee, love the colour and the cogs down the side are perfect ! Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete