Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Sketchbook Project-Part 2

I thought I would share a couple more pages from my Sketchbook "The Writing on the Walls". 
My steam punk lady is a piece of clip art printed off from my computer on plain computer paper and transferred onto a strip of packing tape.  After I put it on the packing tape I soak it in water and rub off the paper.  This leaves only the translucent inky image.  When I have just the image I am free to color the eyes, etc. with chalks or copics.  I use Ranger's Glossy Accents to glue the tape securely to the paper because it dries clear.  There is an aperture where you see the butterfly and when you turn the page this is what you see:
Nothing like a little Graphic 45, a Tim Holtz rubber stamp and  Zentangle thrown in all together.  I'll share some more with you tomorrow.  Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to meet you in Jenny's class. I see you have been published many times. Congrats to you!!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterflies are a personal favorite of mine, so I absolutely love this, so so creative!! I love steampunk stuff whenever I see it but I never know what makes it "steampunk" exactly..is it just using vintage images with some sort of fanstasy element or a machine with it? I love your transfer technique, too, gotta try that!

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete