Monday, February 27, 2012

Edgar Allen Poe

I am currently working on several different projects all involving the theme of "Poe".  I plan on submitting them to a publication in about  a week or so.  This project involved a lot of drying time but I finally finished it.  Poe is King, of course, he has the hat with the hole in the top to prove it.  I used Tim  Holtz Grungeboard that is pre-cut in the shape of a heart and has texture.  I rubbed a Timber Brown StazOn ink pad over the surface of the heart and then dusted it with embossing powder and heat set it.  The crown is the same grungeboard product with a touch of Claudine Hellmuth's red acrylic paint.  I found the red key hole at an antique store in Boston and attached a wing (found at the Brimfield Fair ages ago) made of copper and also a grungeboard wing painted Ranger's Fired Brick red.  The image of Poe is from a digi collage sheet sold by Alpha Stamps.  I love the way you can buy the collages in the middle of the night and usually have them the next morning to use.  Wonderful.  The little dangling factor at the bottom includes a tiny key from Alpha Stamps, a Tim Holtz pearl and another Brimfield treasure, a tiny heart.  I put Poe's name on the heart and encased it in Glossy Accents.  Annabelle Lee is in the key hole, also encased in Ranger's Glossy Accents, so you can just barely see her.
It turned out to be a wall hanging or an ornament of some kind that measures 5" wide by 8 " long including the chain.  I have one more project to share with you tomorrow using the Poe theme.

1 comment:

  1. Way way cool!!! I love all the fun quirkiness of this...whimsical and beautiful! The dangle really looks cool as well!

    ReplyDelete