Monday, January 23, 2012

Less is More Challenge, Week 51 Theme "Cut it out"

The site called "Less is More" is having a challenge currently that involves a cut out on the project.  My project is a card with a circular window cut out on the left side.  I cut a circular frame to go around the opening and used the circle that remained to go on the inside of the card.  I stamped the inner circle with the crackle stamp from IndigoBlu using Ranger's Frayed Burlap ink.  I cut a gear out of cork with Tim Holtz's Gadget Gears die and placed a father figure from Graphic 45 paper.  The word "dad" is from Authentique.  The cork panel is matted onto the crackled panel and glued inside the "window".  On the front of the card I glued the circular frame around dear old dad.  I then tore strips of butterfly tissue tape (also by Tim Holtz) and then glued a strip of flowers (Trimmings by Tim Holtz).  The inside of the card says "You are very special to me".  But then, isn't almost every one's daddy special?

4 comments:

  1. This looks terrific and I love the aperture, I think that the flowers detract slightly from the masculinity of the card, but they are really pretty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card,love the butterfly panels
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and just love the butterflies.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete