Friday, September 9, 2011

Taking Zentangle to California!

I just got home from California.  The trip served three purposes (1)  My in-laws, Joe and Cecelia Zarate celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. WOW, what a party. (2)  I took time to visit my relatives, Mom, Holly, Karen, Dave, Justin, Amber, Patrick, Kaitlyn and the new baby JOSHUA!  My Aunt Ella just happened to pop in while we were there to make it pretty complete. (3) I taught my first Zentangle class in a scrapbook store environment at The Stampin' Post in Temecula.
So while I was there I took the time to introduce my sister-in-law Deborah and her 12 year old daughter to Zentangle for Kidz.  Big success!  Sophia started creating immediately and seem to love it.  Hopefully, someone will send me pictures of their work to post on my blog.  My niece's daughter, Kaitlyn, is only 5 but learned quickly using the same book by Sandy Steen Bartholomew.  I love teaching this to kids.  They seem to grasp the meaning and method immediately and create beautiful art.  Kaitlyn's friend came to play and of course the first thing Kaitlyn did was teach Zentangle to her friend.  Amazing!
I purchased 10 of these books and I have almost sold out.
While I was staying with my Mom we had our friends Terry and Bill Richie over for dinner.  I made them Chicken Fettuccine with homemade Alfredo sauce, Caponata, Caprese Salad with fresh mozzarella & homegrown tomatoes, garlic toast.  For dessert Apple Pie and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.  I tried to keep the menu light since the weather was at least 100 degrees!
I made plenty.  I figured that would leave Mom and Holly a little something to eat after I left.  Just a little reminder that someone loves them both very much.
I got home to Bolton Tuesday night at 10pm.  Flying all day.  I would be about this tired if I had taken the RED EYE!  I'll keep that in mind next time.  Sure feels good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment